Puppy Care Recommendations
- DA2PP (Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Para influenza, Parvovirus) - We recommend vaccinating at 9, 12, and 15 weeks of age, then annually.
- Rabies – We recommend vaccinating at 12 weeks of age which is a 1 year vaccine, then every 3 years.
- Corona virus – Not recommended
- Leptospirosis – Not recommended unless exposed to livestock.
- Bordetella – We recommend when boarding or high dog-traffic exposure.
- Lyme disease – Not recommended unless traveling to an area where lyme disease is present.
- Rattlesnake – Not recommended
- Giardia – Not recommended
We recommend de-worming at 9, 12, and 15 weeks of age, then as needed.
We have been recommending spaying or neutering your puppy at 30 lbs of body weight or six months of age, before the onset of puberty. However, current research is showing that waiting until physiological and hormonal development has taken it's course is beneficial to the life long health of your pet.
We recommend when traveling or living in a heartworm area.
We recommend when traveling.